for Natural News on April 19, 2012
You don't have to waste money on toxic chemicals to clean your home, treat a cold, or pamper your skin. Lemon juice is a simple, natural alternative that can replace countless bottles of over-priced chemicals.
10 creative ways to use lemon juice
1. Grease removal
- A mixture of plain water and lemon juice is tough enough to bust through any grease on your kitchen appliances and counter tops.
2. Disinfect and deodorize your kitchen
- Is your refrigerator or cutting board really clean? Surfaces where we prepare and store food need to be clean, but this is also exactly where we don't want to use toxic chemical cleaners. Lemon juice is excellent for disinfecting these surfaces, and will also remove unpleasant stains and odors.
3. Sooth a cough
- Mix some raw honey with an equal amount of lemon juice to ease your coughing. This also works well for a sore throat.
4. Enhance digestion
- Fresh lemon juice in water can aid digestion during meals. It's also a great way to hydrate in the morning when you first wake up.
5. Tone your skin
- Use a cotton ball to apply a light layer of diluted lemon juice to your skin. Let it sit for ten minutes and then rinse away with cool water. The lemon juice will naturally exfoliate your skin, and can also lighten dark spots and scars.
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035614_lemon_juice_toxic_chemicals_home.html#ixzz1sVU97vdQ